How can I create a phosphor screen effect like this one in photoshop

All we need is an easy explanation of the problem, so here it is.

I would like to create an effect like the one in the picture but I’m a noob.

The idea is like the light in a phosphor screen that reveals it’s pixels.
I guess there’s a texture layer and some sort of blend mode involved but I don’t know if the texture is above or below the light and how to solve this. Can anybody give a hint to reproduce something like this?

screen revealing its pixels

Thank you

How to solve :

I know you bored from this bug, So we are here to help you! Take a deep breath and look at the explanation of your problem. We have many solutions to this problem, But we recommend you to use the first method because it is tested & true method that will 100% work for you.

Method 1

I would use a brush stroke with some layer effects applied, such as an outer glow and drop shadow, then add a layer above with a pattern fill and reduced opacity. Then brighten everything up with a curves adjustment on top

Something like this:

enter image description here

The pattern I used looks like this

enter image description here

Note: Use and implement method 1 because this method fully tested our system.
Thank you 🙂

All methods was sourced from or, is licensed under cc by-sa 2.5, cc by-sa 3.0 and cc by-sa 4.0

Leave a Reply