All we need is an easy explanation of the problem, so here it is.
How do I add a tile on the Windows 8 Modern UI that allows me to click that tile to start shutting down the computer?
How to solve :
I know you bored from this bug, So we are here to help you! Take a deep breath and look at the explanation of your problem. We have many solutions to this problem, But we recommend you to use the first method because it is tested & true method that will 100% work for you.
Adapted from Ben Oostdam’s blog.
- Go to
- Right click > New > Shortcut
%windir%\system32\Shutdown.exe -s -t 0as the location
- Give it a name and click Finish
- Position the icon where you want it:
- Right click on the shortcut and select Properties
- Click the Change Icon… button. (There is a power button icon in
To add the shortcut to the All Apps group:
- In the shortcut properties, go to the Security tab
All Application Packagesand make sure the Read and Read & execute permissions are enabled
Use Win+C and then select Shutdown.
Note: Use and implement method 1 because this method fully tested our system.
Thank you 🙂